Monday, February 9, 2009

A look inside

Ok, so recently I have been reading this book... Sacred Contracts. First of all let me just say it is a wonderful, insightful book into a person's purpose for this lifetime. As a part of Caroline Myss's theory, we all have twelve different archetypes that make up who we are. Four of these we all have the same: Child, Victim, Prostitute, and Saboteur. Out of the numerous other archetype's to choose from, eight other types make up our personalities and help steer us towards our life purpose.

To discover more about my archetypes, and consequently my personality, it is suggested to do an interview with each of the twelve that you think you identify most with. These are traits that make you who you are. We all portray different archetypes at different times (Myss talks about over 70), but these are the ones that make you... you. (It is also suggested to add two or three more on the end that you are unsure whether it describes you, just to make sure you cover all of the archetypes that may make up your personality.)

So, Besides the four that make up every human being... these are the archetypes that I feel describe me and make up who I am. In the next few blog enteries, I plan on exploring each one more so. (The last three are my extra archetypes that I think need to be further explored before they can be ruled out.)

Child -wounded and eternal, Prostitute, Victim, Saboteur, Addict, Beggar, Femme Fatale, Networker, Rebel, Seeker, Student, Vampire... Damsel, Dilettante, Hedonist

Now, just to be clear... just because some of these may sound bad or bring up a certain image in your head does not mean that that is the exact discription of who you are. More likely, it means that those are some of the basic qualities that contribute to your personality.

Please enjoy my search into myself and hopefully it inspires you to do the same.

Here is Caroline Myss's website if you would like to learn more:
http://www.myss.com

KitKat

No comments:

Post a Comment